last updated January 2022
Terms & Conditions
Your use of the Ride iQ mobile application and website is subject to the following terms and conditions. By accessing these platforms, you acknowledge that you have read and accept these terms and conditions. For further questions about these terms and conditions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Services. This shall mean the Ride iQ experience, whether through the Ride iQ website, the Ride iQ mobile application or any Ride iQ social media pages.
- The Company. This shall refer to Ride iQ LLC.
- User. A person who accesses, browses, or uses the Services.
- The Terms. These “Terms and Conditions” are referred to as “the Terms.”
- Riders should not use the Ride iQ mobile application if they have never been supervised, trained, or coached by a professional equestrian coach. The Ride iQ mobile application is designed to be used by riders who regularly train with and who are under the supervision of a professional equestrian coach. Riders understand and agree that the Ride iQ instructional lessons are meant to supplement their professional coaching lessons, not replace them.
- Modify Ride iQ instruction to fit user and horse experience level.
- Choose and use Ride iQ lessons according to the level schooled with an in-person professional equestrian coach.
- Read lesson descriptions in their entirety prior to mounting your horse.
- Where applicable, watch any pre-ride visuals and (or) refer to any diagrams provided in lesson descriptions prior to mounting your horse.
- Where applicable, ensure user and horse are properly warmed up prior to attempting a Ride iQ skill exercise.
- While mounted, only use the Ride iQ application for the audio-only instruction.
- Always have someone on the ground with you while you’re riding in case of an emergency.
- Audio Lesson. This shall refer to lessons that users can access that are meant to be listen-only to guide users while they ride. These are the instructional courses that the user can choose to use while mounted on your horse or while unmounted.
- Video Lesson. This shall refer to lessons that are available to you the user to view prior to mounting your horse. These lessons are not to be accessed and may not be available while you are mounted on your horse and riding.
- Completed Lesson. This shall refer to a lesson that has been heard or viewed in its entirety. It is marked as completed.
- Faculty Coaches. This shall refer to hand selected coaches that may specialize in particular areas of riding. Faculty Coaches are long-term members of the Ride iQ coaching staff and determine core curriculum.
- Spotlight Coaches. This shall refer to our selected coaches that provide a variety of training techniques in different areas of riding. Spotlight Coaches will be featured on Ride iQ with a limited number of lessons intended to cover the individual’s specific expertise.
- Office Hours. Live sessions held over Zoom Video Communications, Inc. software, Facebook, or similar communication platforms for users to interact with coaches. This time is meant to offer users the opportunity to ask coaches questions related to Ride iQ services.
- Requirements for Usage. To use our Services, you must be capable of forming binding contracts, both with the Company and with your fellow participants. This means:
- Minors. Anyone under the age of 18 years acknowledges that they will only use our Services with the permission of an adult. You must be 12 years or older to use the Services.
- On Behalf of an Organization. If you are using the Services on behalf of an organization, you must be authorized by that organization to do so.
- Compliance with Law. You cannot use the Services where they are prohibited by law.
- Health and Safety. In order to use Ride iQ’s services you must have been cleared to participate by a professional equestrian coach and always rest, hydrate and modify as needed.
- Proper and Expected Usage. The proper and expected use of the Service is to listen to audio lessons from professional coaches that will help guide and instruct users on how to ride their horses so that they can have the most fun and positive experience possible.
- Login. Users will login to the app with their email and password. The Ride iQ mobile application will offer a library of audio and video lessons, course diagrams and podcasts.
- Choose a Lesson. Whether you’re riding that day or not, you can search Ride iQ content by purpose, coach, duration, and level in order to find the right lesson for you.
- Pre-Ride Responsibilities. Make sure to read the lesson description and refer to any pre-ride visuals (video or diagrams), where applicable, prior to mounting your horse.
- Press Play. Press play on the audio lesson and place your mobile device in your pocket prior to mounting your horse.
- Mount Your Horse. Mount your horse, remain handsfree, and the audio lesson you chose will guide you for the next 15-45 minutes on every part of your ride.
- Enjoy the Content. Some content is formatted as a podcast and you can listen on or off your horse. These podcasts are more conversational and are not meant to be a guided lesson.
- Safety Policies.
- No Video While Mounted. No user is permitted or is properly using the application if they are viewing any video while mounted on their horse.
- No Screen Use. You acknowledge that as a user, you will not be looking at your device screen while riding your horse.
- Disclaimer. User agrees and understands that there are inherent risks in riding horses and possibly integrating use of technology to do so. User assumes any risk associated with riding horses while having access to Ride iQ. Ride iQ disclaims any and all liability for any accident, injury, dismemberment, or death that may result from users engaging with any Ride iQ platforms.
3. RESERVATION OF RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Rights of Users. Users have the right to personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable, nonexclusive, revocable, and non-sublicensable license to access and use our Services. This license is for the sole purpose of letting users use and enjoy the benefits provided by the Services in a way that the Terms and the Conditions allow. Any software that the Company provides users may automatically download and install upgrades, updates, or other new features. Users may be able to adjust these automatic downloads through your device settings.
- User Responsibilities. Users may not copy, modify, distribute, sell, or lease any part of the Services; nor may users reverse engineer or attempt to extract the source code of that software, unless applicable laws prohibit these restrictions, or users have our written permission to do so. While no mobile charges are incurred with the present version of the Services, users acknowledge that future versions of the Ride iQ application may integrate features such as messaging and gamification within the Services. If it does, you are responsible for any mobile charges that you may incur when using the Services. If you are unsure what those charges may be, you should ask your service provider before using the Services. Users may not transfer their rights or obligations under these Terms without our consent.
- Company Responsiveness. We will do our best to ensure the platform(s) are up and running as quickly as possible. Sometimes there are server issues which may prevent 24/7 use of the app and/or website. We cannot guarantee that Ride iQ will be available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
4. RESTRICTIONS AND REVIEW
- Restrictions. You are responsible for any activity that occurs on your account. By using the Services, you agree to avoid behavior that could cause you or others harm, including:
- Causing Distractions. You will not use the Services in a way that would distract you from obeying equestrian, traffic, or safety laws.
- Posting Sensitive Material. While users are not able to post content within certain versions of our Services, user acknowledges that later versions of the application may allow for such content creation. When and if posting content is an option, users agree not to post content that contains pornography, graphic violence, threats, hate speech, or incitements to violence.
- Illegal or Prohibited Purposes. You will not use the Services for any purpose that is illegal or prohibited in these Terms.
- Accessing the Services or User Information. You will not use any robot, spider, crawler, scraper, or other automated means or interface to access the Services or extract other user information.
- Third-Party Applications. You will not use or develop any third-party applications that interact with the Services or other user content or information without our written consent.
- Enjoyment of Other Users. You will not use the Services in a way that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect, or inhibit other users from fully enjoying the Services.
- Functioning of the Services. You will not use the Services in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the functioning of the Services.
- Use of Another’s Account. You will not use or attempt to use another user’s account, username, or password without their permission.
- Login Credentials. You will not solicit login credentials from another user.
- Security of the Services. You will not upload viruses or other malicious code or otherwise compromise the security of the Services.
- Circumvention of Protections. You will not attempt to circumvent any content-filtering techniques we employ or attempt to access areas or features of the Services that you are not authorized to access.
- Vulnerability of Services. You will not probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of our Services or any system or network.
- Activity in Violation of Terms. You will not encourage or promote any activity that violates these Terms.
- Creation of New Account After Being Disabled. You will not create another account if we have already disabled your account, unless you have our written permission to do so.
- Exchanging Access to Account. You will not buy, sell, rent, or lease access to your account without our written permission.
- Login Credentials. You will not share your login credentials.
- Unauthorized Logins. You will not log in or attempt to access the Services through unauthorized third-party applications or clients.
- Review of user-created content. While we are not required to do so, we may access, review, screen, and delete your content at any time and for any reason, including if we think your content violates these Terms. You alone though remain responsible for the content you create, upload, post, send, or store through the Services. If you are deemed to have violated any of these provisions, you will be banned from use of the Services forever.
5. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- Intellectual Property Rights. We retain the right to the exclusive use of branding, logos, designs, photographs, videos, or any other materials used in our Services, including the scripts and audio of our “audio lesson” and “video lesson” content. You may not use the Services or the content of the Services in ways that are not authorized by these Terms. Nor may you help or enable anyone else to do so. Specifically, you may not copy, archive, download, upload, distribute, syndicate, broadcast, perform, display, make available, or otherwise use any portion of the Services or the content on the Services except as set forth in these Terms. You may not use the Services or any content on the Services for any commercial purposes without our consent. If you volunteer feedback or suggestions, we have the right to use your ideas without compensating you.
- Copyright Notice. If there are any copyright concerns, Users should reach out to our Copyright Agent, McKinsey Lux, at email@example.com. Our Copyright Agent will then contact Ride iQ legal counsel. If you file a notice with our Copyright Agent, it must comply with the requirements set forth at 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3). That means the notice must:
- Contain the physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner;
- Identify the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- Identify the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed, or access to which is to be disabled, and Information reasonably sufficient to let us locate the material;
- Provide your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and an email address;
- Provide a personal statement that you have a good-faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- Provide a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
6. PAYMENT OF MEMBERSHIP FEES
- Free Trial. To sign up for a free trial of the Services, you must choose a membership type (either a monthly billing cycle, a quarterly billing cycle, or an annual billing cycle) and provide your credit card information. The card will not be charged until the free trial of the Services expires, which it does after 7 days, unless the membership has been cancelled on the website during the free trial. If you cancel your membership, you will be able to use the Services until your free trial or current membership expires, at which point your account will be frozen and inaccessible until membership is set up and paid for on the website. Memberships will auto-renew unless cancelled by you.
- Credit Card. If your credit card on file expires, or if your credit card has been cancelled when we attempt to charge it, then your account will be frozen and inaccessible until membership is set up and paid for on the website with a working credit card.
- Fees. All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies or duties, excluding only United States (federal or state) taxes.
- Changes to Membership. If you choose to change your membership from a monthly to a quarterly or annual membership or vice versa, that will go into effect at the end of the current billing cycle. If you choose to upgrade your membership, that will go into effect immediately, and you will be charged on a prorated basis for the remainder of the billing cycle. If you choose to downgrade your membership (though not canceling), that will go into effect at the end of the billing cycle. Downgrading your Service may cause loss of features or capabilities of your account. The Company does not accept any liability for such loss.
- Refunds and Changes in Price. We do not offer refunds for membership fees. We reserve the right to change our prices going forward, unless we have given you written notice otherwise; if the price does change, it will not go into effect until the next billing cycle; you will be notified in advance so that you have the opportunity to cancel your membership if you choose.
7. COMPANY LIABILITY, INDEMNITY AND DISCLAIMERS
- Warranties. Our Services are provided “as is” and we cannot guarantee it will always be safe and secure or work perfectly all the time. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE ALSO DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. We also do not control what people and others do or say, and we are not responsible for their (or your) actions or conduct (whether online or offline) or content (including unlawful or objectionable content).
- Company Liability. Our responsibility for anything that happens on the Services (also called “liability”) is limited as much as the law will allow. If there is an issue with our Services, we can’t know what all the possible impacts might be. You agree that we won’t be responsible (“liable”) for any lost profit, revenues, information, or data, or consequential, special, indirect, exemplary, punitive or incidental damages arising out of or related to these Terms, even if we know they are possible. This includes when we delete your content, information, or account. Our aggregate liability arising out of or relating to these Terms will not exceed the greater of $100 (one hundred US dollars) or the amount you have paid us in the past 12 (twelve) months.
- Indemnity. You agree, to the extent permitted under applicable law, to indemnify, defend, insure, and hold harmless the Company, our directors, officers, employees, and affiliates from and against any and all complaints, charges, claims, damages, losses, costs, liabilities, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) due to, arising out of, or relating in any way to:
- Your access to or use of the Services;
- Your content;
- And your breach of these Terms.
- Waiver of Class or Consolidated Actions. ALL CLAIMS AND DISPUTES WITHIN THE SCOPE OF THIS AGREEMENT MUST BE ARBITRATED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT ON A CLASS BASIS. CLAIMS OF MORE THAN ONE CUSTOMER OR USER CANNOT BE ARBITRATED OR LITIGATED JOINTLY OR CONSOLIDATED WITH THOSE OF ANY OTHER CUSTOMER OR USER. If, however, this waiver of class or consolidated actions is deemed invalid or unenforceable, neither you nor we are entitled to arbitration; instead, all claims and disputes will be resolved in a court as set forth in these Terms and Conditions.
- Third-Party Rights. These Terms do not create or confer any third-party beneficiary rights.
- No Warranties. This app and website, and all information available on or accessed through this app or site, is provided “as is.” Ride iQ makes no warranties, representations or claims of any kind concerning the information presented on or through this site.
- No Waiver. If we do not enforce a provision in these Terms, it will not be considered a waiver.
8. MODIFYING OR TERMINATING COMPANY SERVICES
- Modifying Services. We are improving our Services all the time. That means we may add or remove features, products, or functionalities, and we may also suspend or stop the Services altogether. We may take any of these actions at any time, and when we do, we may not provide you with any notice beforehand.
- Terminating Services. While we hope you remain a lifelong Ride iQ user, you can terminate these Terms at any time and for any reason by deleting your account. The Company may also terminate these Terms at any time, for any reason, and without advanced notice. That means that we may stop providing you with any Services or impose new or additional limits on your ability to use the Services.
9. NON-DISPARAGEMENT AND ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- Non-Disparagement. In the event of a dispute between the Parties, all attempts will be made to amicably resolve the issue privately between the Parties. Parties agree they will not submit negative feedback about one another or the Business of the other while in the midst of a dispute, regardless of whether the feedback is written, published or otherwise left on any public or private forum, until all disputes are resolved consistent with the Dispute Resolution clause of this agreement. Even if resolved, Parties agree that they will ensure that any comment that is made is factual and accurate about the services provided.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution. In the event of a controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement (with the exception of any dispute involving injunctive and/or other equitable relief, or workers’ compensation claims), the Parties shall first attempt to settle the dispute amongst themselves. If that is unsuccessful, then by mediation. If the dispute cannot be resolved through mediation, or within 60 days thereof, the dispute shall be settled by final and binding arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association (AAA), or a competent neutral arbitrator agreed upon by both Parties. If the Parties cannot agree on an arbitrator, then the AAA can assign one. The arbitration will be conducted by a single neutral arbitrator. Any claims or disputes where the total amount sought is less than $10,000 USD may be resolved through binding non-appearance-based arbitration, at the option of the party seeking relief. For claims or disputes where the total amount sought is $10,000 USD or more, the right to a hearing will be determined by the arbitral forum’s rules. Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
- Non-Appearance Arbitration. If non-appearance arbitration is elected, the arbitration will be conducted by telephone, online, written submissions, or any combination of the three; the specific manner will be chosen by the party initiating the arbitration. The arbitration will not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless the parties mutually agree otherwise.
- Confidentiality of Arbitration. No part of the procedures will be open to the public or the media. All evidence discovered or submitted at the hearing is confidential and may not be disclosed, except by written agreement of the parties, pursuant to court order, or unless required by law. Notwithstanding the foregoing, no party will be prevented from submitting to a court of law any information needed to enforce this arbitration agreement, to enforce an arbitration award, or to seek injunctive or equitable relief.
- Arbitrator Decision. The arbitrator will have the authority to award monetary damages and to grant any non-monetary remedy or relief available to an individual under applicable law, the arbitral forum’s rules, and the Terms. The arbitrator will issue a written award and statement of decision describing the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based, including the calculation of any damages awarded. The arbitrator has the same authority to award relief on an individual basis that a judge in a court of law would have. The award of the arbitrator is final and binding upon you and the Company.
- Governing Law. This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Florida, without reference to its conflict of law provisions, and the obligations, rights, and remedies of the parties hereunder shall be determined in accordance with the Arbitration rules as set forth by the American Arbitration Association (AAA) and enforced by the courts in the State of Florida in Alachua County.
10. ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS
- Severability. The unenforceability or invalidity of any clause in these Terms shall not have an impact on the enforceability or validity of any other clause. Any unenforceable or invalid clause shall be regarded as removed from these Terms to the extent of its unenforceability and invalidity. Therefore, these Terms and Conditions shall be interpreted and enforced as if it did not contain the said clause to the extent of its unenforceability and invalidity.
- Section Headings. The section headings of this Agreement are inserted for reference only and do not affect the meaning of this Agreement.
- Amendment or Waiver. Given the breadth of our Services, we sometimes need to craft additional terms and conditions for specific Services. The Company reserves the right to amend or waive any Terms as it sees fit and in accordance with the law. In the case additional terms and conditions are provided, they will become part of your agreement with us if you use those Services.
- Entire Agreement. These Terms constitute the primary Terms of Agreement between Ride iQ LLC. and its clients. It supersedes and cancels any prior agreements, representations, warranties, or communications.
Copyright Notice. © 2021-2025 Ride iQ LLC and Affiliates. All rights reserved. We claim a copyright in all proprietary and copyrightable text, graphics and computer code on this website and mobile application, the overall design of this site, and the selection, arrangement and presentation of all materials on this site, including information in the public domain.