last updated January 2022
For further questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. How does Ride iQ protect the content I create? Ride iQ protects your personal information by working with third-party providers to safely store and protect your confidential information in compliance with state, federal, and international privacy laws. The primary third-party providers we use include, yet should not be limited to, the following:
2. What personal data do we collect? We collect information that you give us at registration. We periodically review content created on the app, both to improve the effectiveness of our Services and to ensure Ride iQ Safety policies are being followed. We automatically collect data about how the app is being used (e.g., when it is opened, what content receives more engagement, what receives less) to help us improve it. We do not collect geo-location data, biometric data, or sensory data. We do not sell your data to third parties.
3. Does Ride iQ access contacts or photos on my phone? Ride iQ will not access your contacts at any point. Ride iQ will not have access to photos on your phone. User photos will only be used for testimonials, such as those found on Ride-iQ.com, all of which have received approval from users before being made public.
- Minors. Anyone under the age of 18 acknowledges that they are using the services with the permission of an adult. As noted in the Terms and Conditions, we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 12. The Services are not intended for or targeted to children under 12 years of age, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children under 12. If you believe that a person under 12 may have provided us with personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Updates. As we update, improve, and expand the Services, this Policy may change, so please refer back to it periodically. By accessing and using the Sites or otherwise using the Services, you consent to the collection, storage, and use of the personal data you provide (including any changes thereto as provided by you) for any of the Services that we provide.
- Personal Data. We gather various types of Personal Data from our users, as explained in more detail below. We use this Personal Data internally in connection with our Services, to personalize, provide, and improve our services, to allow you to set up a user account and profile, to analyze how you use the Services, and in later versions of the app, it may be used to facilitate contact between users. In certain cases, we may share some Personal Data with third parties, but only as described in this document.
- User Data. Ride iQ respects the privacy of the Users of the Services and is committed to protect it in all respects. The data about the User as collected by the Company is: (a) information you provide to us, (b) content you create, and (c) information automatically tracked during navigation. We refer to these three types collectively as “Personal Data” or “Data” below.
- Contact Us. We maintain a Privacy Program to enhance and promote compliance with privacy law and data protection principles. You can contact us directly to answer questions, access, amend, correct your information and resolve issues and disputes. If you have any questions relating to our use of your Personal Data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WHAT DATA DOES Ride iQ COLLECT?
- Information You Provide to Us
- Registration Data: We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us. For example, through the registration process and/or through your account settings, we collect Personal Information such as your name, phone number, age, address, and social media account details to connect with you.
- Card Details. We collect the zip code of the credit card used to provide payment, but we do not capture your location.
- Information Collected Automatically
- During Account Creation. When you make an account, we collect your device ID and device type.
- During Use of the Application. We may collect de-identified information about your habits and patterns within the app as a part of the Services. We collect such information so that we can better understand how to update our app in a way that benefits you. For example, this data can tell us how often users engage with a particular feature of the Services, and we can apply that knowledge to make our features better to serve as many users as possible. We may also use this data to customize your experience, based on your usage patterns.
- HOW IS PERSONAL DATA USED?
- To Use the Services. We use this Personal Data internally in connection with our Services, including to allow you to set up a user account and profile, to personalize and provide our services, and to analyze how you use the Services so that we can make them better for you and other users.
- To Serve You. We may ask for your permission to communicate with you directly through email to ask questions about your user experience and send you surveys. You can refuse our permission to ask you questions, and you are also not required to answer any questions.
- To Update You. In the future, if you provide your email address and consent to email offers, we may send you promotional emails, recommend certain products or services, or email you about your use of the Services. We will stop contacting you if you email us at email@example.com and request that we unsubscribe you from these emails.
- No Sale of Your Information. We do not rent or sell your Personal Data in a personally identifiable form to anyone, provided certain Personal Data may be transferred in connection with business transfers, as described below. We may share your Personal Data with third parties only as described in this section:
- Agents: We may employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Unless otherwise noted, our agents do not have any right to use the Personal Data we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
- Sharing to the Ride iQ community: We may enable you to share content with the Ride iQ community. If you choose to do so through our Facebook or other platforms, this content may be viewed by users who are not in your Ride iQ community.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We are committed to keeping your information safe from third parties. You understand that we regularly maintain this application and employ other companies and individuals to perform certain functions on our behalf. Some of these providers often include, yet are not limited to, the following providers:
- Stripe. All customer payment data will be stored by Stripe, which will serve as Ride iQ’s account and payment platform.
- Social Networks – Instagram and Facebook. If you choose to connect to our Services through a social network such as Instagram or Facebook, we will collect your profile information. Additionally, if you interact with our social media pages, we will collect information about your profile and the relevant content from your interaction.
- Social Media Posting. Where you post information and materials on message boards, chat, profile pages, blogs and other services, including, without limitation, our social media pages, your personal information is available to other users. Please note that information you post in a chat room, a message board, a forum or another public posting area on our websites or social media can be viewed by anyone with internet access. Use extreme caution prior to disclosing your personal information, or any other information, in these areas.
- Social Media. By connecting your social media account to the Services, you authorize us to share information with your social media account provider, and you understand that the use of the information we share will be governed by the social media sites’ privacy policies. If you do not want this information shared, do not connect your social media account to the Services.
- Legal Compliance. These third-party service providers must process your information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection law.
- Sharing of Information. The Company shares your Information with any third party without obtaining the prior consent of the User in the following limited circumstances:
- Required by Law. When it is requested or required by law or by any court or governmental agency or authority to disclose, for the purpose of verification of identity, or for the prevention, detection, investigation including but not limited to cyber incidents, or for prosecution and punishment of offenses. These disclosures are made in good faith and belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary for enforcing these Terms or for complying with the applicable laws and regulations.
- To Conduct Company Business. The Company proposes to share such Data to conduct its business within the Company and its officers and employees for the purpose of processing Personal Data on its behalf. We also ensure that recipients of such Information agree to process information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- WHAT ARE YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS?
- Data Transfers. When we provide services, we are collecting and processing data that may contain personally identifiable information. This personally identifiable information is collected and processed via encrypted (or secure) servers.
- Privacy Rights under the GDPR. Citizens of the EU and UK have the following rights that Ride iQ acknowledges and will safeguard below.
- Right to be informed. You have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your Personal Information.
- Right of access. This allows you to receive a copy of your data and to check how your data is being processed.
- Right of rectification. This allows you to correct any incomplete or inaccurate information about you within our system.
- Right to erasure (also known as right to be forgotten). This allows you to request we delete or remove your personal data, under certain conditions.
- Right to restrict processing. This allows you to request that we restrict the processing of your data, under certain conditions.
- Right to object to processing. This allows you to object to processing of Personal Information in certain circumstances. It includes the right to stop the use of Personal Information for direct marketing.
- Data portability. This allows you to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- Right to Human Intervention. Right to Request not to be subject to automated decision making. This allows you to request the intervention of a human.
- California Residents. If you are a California resident, our privacy practices comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) Cal. Civ. Code § 1798, and any CCPA-specific information is identified in this Policy. The CCPA affords California consumers the right to obtain from us Personal Information about you that we collect, use, and disclose. To submit a request to know about the Personal Information we collect about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Ride iQ provides Californian citizens the following rights under the CCPA.
- Right to know. This allows you to request information about what Personal Information is collected, used, shared or sold.
- Right to delete. This allows you to request that we delete any Personal Information about you which we collect from you.
- Right to opt-out. This allows you, if any sales were to occur, to request that we stop selling your Personal Information to third parties.
- Right to non-discrimination. This affords you protection against any discrimination from us because of your decision to exercise your CCPA rights. If you choose to exercise your privacy rights, you have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment or a lesser degree of service from us.
- We Do Not Sell Your Personal Information. Ride-iQ.com will never sell your Personal Information. However, California law requires that we maintain a separate webpage that allows you to opt out of the sale of your personal information. This link is available here.
- Types of Personal Data. The following are categories of Personal Data defined under the Act that we may receive in the course of administering the Services: Identifiers, personal information as described in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)), Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law, Commercial information, Biometric information, Internet or other electronic network activity, Geolocation data, Sensory data, Professional or employment-related information, Non-public education information, and inferences drawn from other personal information.
- Exercising these rights: To exercise any of these rights, please email email@example.com with SUBJECT: PERSONAL DATA REQUEST.
- Mechanism for redress: Any complaints, abuse, or concerns with regard to the use, processing, and disclosure of Personal Data provided by you or breach of these terms should immediately be communicated in writing or through email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We may reach out to you to confirm or discuss certain details about your complaint and issues raised. We are not responsible for any communication, if addressed, to any non-designated person in this regard. We request you to please provide the following information in your complaint:
- Identification of the information provided by you;
- Clear statement as to whether the information is personal data or sensitive personal information;
- Your address, telephone number or email address;
- A statement that you have a good-faith belief that the personal data has been processed incorrectly or disclosed without authorization, as the case may be;
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notice is accurate, and that the information being complained about belongs to you;
- PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- Community Page Postings. Any information you include in a posting to a Ride iQ community page is available to anyone in that Ride iQ page.
- Protection From Unauthorized Access to or Alteration, Disclosure, or Destruction of Data. We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. This includes internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices, and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
- Limitations to Protection. However, as effective as our security measures are, no security system is perfect. We cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
- Limitations to Liability. We assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access, or other causes beyond our control.
- How to Withdraw Consent. Mechanism to withdraw consent:
- Requesting Deletion of User Information. You can request the Company delete your information. In some cases, however, we may retain information for a limited period for legitimate business or legal purposes.
- Who to Contact to Delete Personal Data? To delete your Personal Data, please share your request email@example.com with the subject “PERSONAL DATA REQUEST / DELETION REQUESTED”.
- Request Processing Time. Please note that there may be delays between your request and deletion of the data, as we try to ensure protection of your information against accidental or malicious deletion requests.
- Copyright Notice. © 2021-2025 Ride iQ LLC and Affiliates. All rights reserved. We claim a copyright in all proprietary and copyrightable text, graphics and computer code on this web site and mobile application, the overall design of this site, and the selection, arrangement and presentation of all materials on this site, including information in the public domain.